I did treat myself to a special dinner at "Al Profeta" right across from my Venice apartment of two weeks ago. The image below is a white fish sprinkled with bread crumbs, zucchini, arugula, and pine nuts.

After dinner I had my last two scoops from favorite gelato shop "IL Doge." This time one scoop of peach and one scoop of chocolate.

I dragged myself around a bit more and then took the bus back early to the Venice Airport. Sat around for about four hours. The flight to Paris went without a hitch, but then I had figure out how to spend the next 12 hours.
This is where I spent the night in Paris: on the floor of an airport kiosk!

After a very poor nights rest I checked in my baggage only to be held back by soldiers who were inspecting an unattended bag.

Once we were released I really enjoyed the rest of the Paris airport. I don't remember it being so high tech! They have big areas to connect to the internet, loads of natural light,

3-d movies, and

places to listen to music while being exposed to some sort of light therapy.

And take a look at these beds! I wish I had know about these before last night!

I am happy to report I had a very enjoyable flight from Paris to San Francisco with no travel sickness. Thank you Jen, the pill worked!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Venice, Italy